Tuesday, March 27, 2012

6x400m @ 60,60,61,61,60,60 with lap jog recovery

Today was cold and rainy. I went to the track and did a solid speed workout 6x400m @ 60,60,61,61,60,60 sec. . My achilles is now feeling fine after taking some alleve, topical dmso, rope stretching, deep tissue massage, ultrasound therapy, hot/cold therapy, stretching, foam roller, night splint, anti inflammatory supplements, topical arnica, and icy hot before the workout. I finished my track workout with a 200m @ 28. I felt a slight strain on my right hamstring so I eased up on the last 150m but still came through in 28 seconds. I went straight to the weight room and did 3x12 of 250 lbs squats, 3x10 reps of 200 lbs leg curls, 100 reps of 300 lbs calve raises. ab work, stretching and foam roller. I am starting to increase my the weight that I am lifting by about 30% and decreasing my reps by about 10 or 20 percent. My goal is to gain some power and prevent injury. I am starting to feel comfortable running 60 second 400m pace. I usually only where spikes on the last 2 or 3 intervals of a track workout. I have some road racing flats that I wear for most of my track workouts that allow me to get on my toes when I am sprinting. These shoes have some heel support that keeps my achilles from getting strained. I think it is important to wear your racing shoes occasionally so it is not a surprise to your feet when you do a race.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here I talk about how to cure achilles tendonitis overnight.