Saturday, March 24, 2012

10x300m @ 49,49,48,47,46,46,45,45,44,45,43 seconds

I was feeling a little sore today from the heavy training session yesterday. By mid afternoon I found the motivation to get out and do a track workout. It consisted of 10x300m with 100m jog rest. It was a little cold and it took me a while to get in a rhythm. My left achilles is now feeling a bit sore. I have decided to schedule an appointment with a physical therapist in addition to scheduling some massage sessions. My achilles usually can get painful if I wear spikes during a speed workout. Hopefully I can get over this pesky chronic inflammation. This injury is on the same foot that I broke and dislocated in junior high school while playing soccer. My foot was twisted 180 degrees and broken at the growth plate. I still have a screw in my ankle from the surgery. I think I surprised my orthopedic surgeon that I have been able to keep running competitively as a master athlete. I remember him saying that my ankle would become arthritic later in life . You should not always believe your doctors' grim forecast. Often their data is based on the general population that is statistically proven to be terribly unhealthy. It is amazing how the body can heal itself when you use proper nutrition and strength training. I believe much more in diet and healthy lifestyle than over the counter and prescription medication. Rather than Alleve, I am consuming krill oil, tart cherry extract, vitamin c, rose hips, ginger root juice, and many more natural food extracts that have amazing anti inflammation properties. I also use DMSO on occasion. This is an amazing anti-inflamatory that was banned by the FDA.. Some say it was banned because it competed with the drug companies.

No comments: