Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Took a few days off then came strong with a good track session.

The last few days were very busy doing some video editing and mixing music for a poetry reading that I was hired to do. I end up getting under paid from most of my gigs and computer programming jobs. I usually end up working for about 5 dollars per hour or nothing at all. Competing as a master runner is the same. I decided not to compete in championship master's races since it beyond my budget to travel abroad. Even if you are the top American in your event as a master runner, you have to cover all your own travel expenses to compete in a World championship event. Track and field is truly a dying sport in the United States.

However, if you get huge monetary rewards for doing little work, you will probably end up dead or morally corrupt. This seems to be the current trend. I will rather work hard for a small monetary reward but live my life knowing that I gave one hundred percent, did not sell out or settle for mediocrity. What is the satisfaction in climbing a hill when you can climb a mountain? Maybe that is why I practice classical music, train for the mile, and play jazz.


The only reason I train is to obtain personal goals and stay aerobically fit and strong as my body will allow. That is why today I did 1x600m @ 1:32, 1x400m @ 62, 1x300m @ 45, 1x200 @ 29 followed by 4x400+200m @ 62+29 and finished with 2x200m @ 28,27 seconds. I also did 1/2 hour of abs and weight training.

No comments: