Saturday, February 25, 2012

10x200m cut downs to 25 seconds in cold wind and rain.

Today I was feeling a bit sore but I decided to speed work out nonetheless. I dowsed my legs with tiger balm and did a lot of stretching. I started with a 5:30 mile to get my legs warm. I decided to start with 30 seconds for the first five 200m intervals. I then put on my spikes and did another set of 5x200m, cutting down to 25 seconds on the last interval. It is a lot of fun to feel what it is like to run 1/4 of a race at world record pace i.e 1:40 800m pace. It actually felt surprising easy. I believe that the weight training has been helping me a to develop another gear. I was feeling very sore yesterday and I slept about 12 hours. I am sure that my body needed the rest after pushing myself so hard. I also tagged on some light weight training, rope stretching, foam roller, and ab work.

No comments: