Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tune up with 4x100m and 2x200m @ 4 minute mile pace

Today I did a light warmup and 4x100m @ 15 seconds and 2x200m @ 30 seconds. I couldn't believe how relaxed I feel running this pace. Hopefully it will feel this easy on the third lap of a mile race. After this short track session, I went to the gym and did the foam roller and a lot of stretching. I followed this with a 10 minute ice bath. I also have been doing some juicing over the last few days. I believe consuming a wide variety of fresh organic fruits and vegetables makes a huge difference in my over all health and fitness. Today I had two pints of organic kale, celery, carrot, ginger, beet, apple, parsley, and eggplant juice. I also take aloe juice and a digestive enzyme supplement when I juice since it will help me to process all these amazing nutrients. I believe training is only part of the equation. You need to be in optimal health in order to train at a high level and be competitive in endurance events. Juicing helps me feel that I am achieving optimal health and helps my body from breaking down from intense training. I am feeling 100% and ready to race.

No comments: