Friday, April 27, 2012

Rest day today

Today was a busy day doing some technical work for my family. My sister needed some help editing her business web site. I spent the morning helping out with that and then setting up wordpress blog. I do a lot of work on worpress, php, css, etc.. to help pay the bills. I also spent most of the evening developing a wireless system that will detect oncoming traffic that is hidden from view from my parents driveway. The motion detector is arduino based and will be solar powered. It will be located down the hill. When a passing car goes by, it will send a signal up the hill via a zigbee radio that will trigger another arduino, with a zigbee radio reciever, to blink a super bright led that will act as a warning signal. This will prevent people driving out of my parents driveway, not to pull out into the road when oncoming traffic is coming up the hill that cannot be seen from the driveway.

No comments: