Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cross Training and Physical Therapy

Today I had some treatment done on my achilles and it is now feeling a lot better. The doctor used a metal tool and rubbed the achilles to break up some scar tissue that had built up. I iced my leg for about 20 minutes after the treatment. I also had some chiropractic work done at flores chiropractic located in Portland Oregon. I highly recommend this clinic for athletes who want to get some alternative treatments that really work. In the evening I started with 20 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes of rowing , 20 minutes on the elliptical, and about 1 hour of weight training and finished with 15 minutes on the bike. I also did stretching and the foam roller. I used Kt tape on my achilles to help pull the skin away from the tendon to help reduce friction that is causing inflammation. I posted a picture of the tape on my leg. The place to purchase this tape is www.kttape.com

No comments: