Monday, December 20, 2010

Another good track session



4x200 @ 29,28,29,29  in road racing flats with 200m jog recovery
1 lap jog rec
3x200m @ 26,25,25 in spikes  with 200m jog recovery
1 lap jog rec
2x400m @ 60 with lap jog recovery
4x300m @ 45 with easy 100m walk/jog recovery

Temperature was 38 degrees F with no wind.


My Recovery:

Hot and Cold shower: The cold shower is sometimes
a little tough to bear but has amazing benefits. 

2 pints of fresh made carrot, apple, ginger, spinach, red and green cabbage
juice.

Foam roller massage and stretching. 

Some of my favorite supplements:

It contains Boswellia extract that helps with inflammation.
I believe it cured my chronic shoulder pain and has helped with tendonitis flare ups.

I also take tart cherry extract to combat inflammation and muscle soreness. 
  • Delivers cherry flavonoids in a high-powered, concentrated form
  • Benefits joint health by strengthening collagen structures in connective tissues



On a side note:

I am starting to increase the volume of my track workouts. 
I plan to drop the training volume and increase the intensity 
to peak for some key races in July. 




No comments: