Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pretty good track workout despite feeling a little lethargic

Today was another dark cloudy and 35 degrees. It is beginning to feel like winter. I took yesterday off from training since I had a busy day setting up for an early evening gig. I ended up taking a rest day and coming back today with 6x300m cut downs @ 48,47,46,45,45,42 and then finished with another 200m @ 28. I felt a lot better as I got into the workout. My last two intervals were in spikes and definitely helped my speed. My achilles were feeling pretty good at the end of this training session. Hopefully I can continue to keep them strong and injury free.
I have found that sometimes I have to do a special therapy on my achilles in order to break up scar tissue. This means wearing a sock and pressing in with my fingernails in a vertical direction. I wear a thick sock in order to prevent damage to my skin. I will often follow this therapy with some topical DMSO. I also do the contrast showers that seem to help reduce inflammation.

I ended with some light weight training, foam roller, and good stretching. Tonight I plan to load up on some good fresh vegetable and do some serious juicing. My goal is to drink about 2 pints of fresh vegetable/fruit juice to help me recover. My stomach always feels much better if I take some digestive enzymes after I juice.

No comments: