Sunday, November 13, 2011

Easy 30 minute , weight training, and piano practice

Early this morning was my Sunday church gig. It takes a bit out of me and I end up coming home and crashing for about 2 hours. When I woke up I took it easy and ran a 30 minute recovery run. I also did a good upper body weight workout. I need to be careful and not bulk up too much from weight training. I also did some plyometric box jumps. These are pretty difficult when you use a knee high box and jumps. I have also been wearing compression socks after workouts and I feel that it helps speed up my recovery.

I also put in a good two hours of intense piano music on some difficult classical music. I am starting to nail it and ready to do a recital very soon. I am not really a classical pianist but I am slowly gaining more confidence. The key for me is slowing down to practice and listening by staying focused. It is definitely an awesome challenge to take on some of those crazy Liszt and Chopin compositions.

No comments: