Friday, November 11, 2011

Getting it done

Today I was feeling a bit lethargic since I have been fighting a cold and working hard in the studio. I have also been staying up late to program web sites and fixing bugs. It is difficult doing the job that usually takes 3 or 4 people to do and have it done in the same amount of time. I haven't been getting the greatest sleep. Today the weather was windy, cold, rainy, and dark. I decided I needed a little introduction to my race pace as I prepare for indoor track. I decided to do 2x(400m+300m+200m).
I am saving my achilles by doing my interval training in orthotics and road racing shoes instead of spikes. My workout went pretty well despite the conditions and not being in great shape. So my times were 400m @ 62 sec, 300m @ 46 sec, 200m 29 sec then a one lap jog and 1x400m @ 62, 1x300m@ 46, and 1x200m @ 28. I had about 300m jog rest between intervals. I finished with an intense lower body weight workout. One was doing 50 reps of leg presses of a full rack of 300 lbs. I usually do this until my legs are burning with lactic acid and I do 20 more reps. I was also a bit tired from doing 3x1 mile repeats at 5 minutes the other day.

My recovery included foam roller, stretching, undenatured whey protein drink. I also broke out the juicer and made 2 pints of fresh carrot, spinach, apple, ginger juice. A great way to end my day of training and help my body to recover and hopefully become stronger from a hard day of training.

No comments: