Monday, October 17, 2011

A good workout today and how to kill a cold every time

Today was a beautiful fall day with some much need sunshine. I ended up going to the track and doing 4x800 @ 2:20,2:28,2:25,2:20 and 1x400m @ 61 seconds, and 2x200m @ 26 seconds followed by some light weight training. Yesterday I ran about 4 miles easy. I was very low on energy and I was exposed to a bad cold virus that I seemed to be fighting off. I was able to sleep a few extra hours this morning and I was able to fight it off. I can't remember coming down with a sickness in the last 3 years. I usually mix iodized table salt with water and snort it. Then I let it sit in my nasal passages for at least 30 seconds. I then follow that with taking 1 gram of echinacea, 1 gram of colostrum, and 1 gram of astragalus. I then make sure to get an extra 2 to 3 hours of sleep. I also do a hot cold shower in the morning to help stimulate my blood flow that carries an army of my immune fighting antibodies. How do I know I am fighting a virus? The most common first symptom for me is fatigue followed by the common cold symptoms. I also make sure to carry hand sanitizer every where I go. I follow my cold fighting regimen even after being exposed to someone that has a cold as a preventative measure.

No comments: