Saturday, January 22, 2011

After 2 rest days, I feel good.

My workout today was 2 mile warmup.
1x600m @ 1:32
1x400m@57 sec
1x300m@43 sec
2x200m@ 27,26 sec

100 plyometric box jumps. Very
difficult after a speed workout.

I made some good progress on my pace robot
that I am building. It is an autonomous differential steering robot that follows
the white line on an all weather running track.
The difficult thing is getting it to go at an exact
speed while staying on a white line. I am about ready
to take it for a test ride. It will be used to help
pace me for workouts.I also added sonar to it so it won't
plow into anyone.

I finally figured out how to make it have cruise control
with PID. PID is fancy feedback control equation
for closed loop systems.

I have had fun getting to learn the Arduino programming
environment. It is a version of C with a lot of
libraries that are available. Its a great place to
start if you want to build something that requires
a microprocessor.

No comments: