Tuesday, May 1, 2012

8 mile run with 4 miles @ tempo pace.

I went to the NIke campus today and was planning on doing a 10 mile recovery run. About 2 miles into the run, someone blew by me running around 5:30 pace. I was feeling pretty good so I decided to use this person as a rabbit. I felt that I need some more threshold work so I ran about 50 meters behind him for about 4 miles around 5:40 pace. When he dropped out, I picked up the pace and surged up the hills at about 90% effort. When I was done, I did a 2 mile cool down. I then did 4x100m slight downhill strides pick ups getting up to about 95% effort. I finished with some light weight training, foam roller, and stretching. I also have been eating extremely healthy and feeling incredible. I also have been getting good sleep so I am feel recovered.

No comments: