Friday, January 6, 2012

Running the Fountain of Youth?

I have had several people say that I look 25. I think regular exercise, good diet, low stress, caloric restriction, good sleep, supportive family, faith in God, anti-oxidant/anti inflammatory supplements contribute to slowing down the aging process. The last two days I took off from regular exercise as I was consumed with my robotics project. I could feel my body falling out of shape and I hated it. I equate the feeling of losing fitness to losing youthfulness. Just look at the elderly people who have trouble making it down the hallway. Also running or regular exercise will help you lose weight and have a lower resting heart rate. I measured mine at 40 bpm recently. My sedentary friends have resting heart rates at nearly double. I think that proves my point.

No comments: