Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A good recovery meal

After my workout I decided to load up on some good food. Earlier this evening, I took a trip to an an awesome coop grocery store called food front. http://www.foodfront.coop. As I was running some errands, I heard on the radio some disturbing news. There are many poor communities with no access to fresh produce and healthy food choices. These places are called food deserts. Some 13.5 million Americans live in these food deserts. As I shopped at this store located no more than 3 miles from my home, I felt thankful. I ended up purchasing to large fresh fillets of rock fish, organic baby kale, and beet salad. I added some organic pumpkin seeds to the Kale salad. I pan fried the rock fish in some amazing olive oil that came from Palestine. Its called Rumi Tree olive oil http://www.greenheartshop.org/organic-rumi-tree-olive-oil.html. According to the artice, this olive oil was made by producers in Palestine through Canaan Fair Trade, a social entrepreneurship firm that works with over 1,700 farmers in the West Bank, producing high-quality fair trade organic olive oil and other food products. I added a little sea salt called sel gris tamise to add some flavor to the fish. Rock fish only takes only about 5 minutes to cook and is loaded with protein.

No comments: