Thursday, December 8, 2011

Solid Track Session

Today I ran a short speed workout in freezing conditions. I was able to warm up and cool down on the indoor track. I then went to the outdoor track and managed to run around world record pace for my 40-45 masters age group. My last 200 was in 27 seconds and I focused on staying relaxed. It was definitely the easiest interval. The key to running fast is to focus on not straining.
I did 2x300+200 @ 41,28,41,27 with 200 jog rest between intervals and 400m jog rest between sets.

I recovered with stretching, foam roller, whey protein recovery drink, and a 16 ounce glass of fresh made red cabbage, ginger, carrot, apple, beet juice. I am pretty sure that my exercise and nutrition routine is keeping me healthy and feeling and looking 15 years younger.

No comments: