Friday, August 5, 2011

4x400 and 4x300m

Today I felt pretty sore from the workout 2 days ago. It was a very nice day with the perfect temperature to do this workout. I spent about 1/2 hour warming up and I still felt pretty flat doing strides. I spent the last two days completely sedentary working on my Arduino projects so I probably lost some of my rhythm and fitness. The Arduino is a cool micro controller that is easy to program to send commands to motors and communicate to a variety of electronic gadgets. A very good starting point for people interested in learning robotics and C++ programming.

I started with 4x400m @ 62,62,62,63 with a 200m walk rest. I ran this part of the workout in training flats and had to contend with a strong head wind on the home stretch. I finished with 4x300m @ 44,44,44,42 in spikes with about 3 minutes rest. I also did some light weight lifting and foam roller to roll out the kinks. I am also taking a lot of anti-oxidants and protein supplements. I was very surprised to finish my 300m in 42 seconds. It was mind over muscles. I just said to myself, I will run 42 on my last interval and I did.

No comments: